Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center
2900 W Oklahoma Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53215
Hours of Operation
- 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Individual departments vary.
At Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center, you’ll find remarkable treatment options and experienced specialty physicians in a general medical and surgical hospital listed among the top hospitals in the nation. By providing advanced care and pioneering numerous procedures and technologies, we’ve earned a reputation as Wisconsin’s leading medical center and a highly regarded tertiary center. Patients come to St. Luke’s for a range of common medical procedures to ultra-sophisticated surgical treatments like heart transplants.
Aurora St. Luke’s was the only southeastern Wisconsin hospital named one of the “100 Top Hospitals” for cardiovascular care by Thomson Reuters. And The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognized St. Luke’s for performance in treating cardiac and stroke patients, one of only 26 hospitals to receive “Triple Recognition.”
Because St. Luke’s is known for providing the highest level of acuity care, patients are directed to our hospital from throughout Wisconsin, other states and even other countries to receive specialty treatments for challenging health matters. Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center is ranked the #1 hospital in Milwaukee and the #2 hospital in Wisconsin. Additionally, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center was nationally recognized in four categories, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Neurology & Neurosurgery and Pulmonology. In addition to providing this exceptional level of care, St. Luke’s also emphasizes a strong patient focus with caregivers who deliver individualized, compassionate care in a healing environment.
PUBLIC NOTICE MAGNET RECOGNITION PROGRAM® SITE VISIT
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center was designated as a Magnet organization in 2001, 2005, and 2009 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. This prestigious designation recognizes excellence in nursing services. In August 2014, Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is applying for re-designation.
- Patients, family members, staff, and interested parties who would like to provide comments are encouraged to do so. Anyone may send comments via e-mail, fax, and direct mail. All phone comments to the Magnet Program Office must be followed up in writing.
YOUR COMMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND NEVER SHARED WITH THE FACILITY. IF YOU CHOOSE, YOUR COMMENTS MAY BE ANONYMOUS, BUT MUST BE IN WRITING.
- YOUR COMMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY August 8, 2014.
- AMERICAN NURSES CREDENTIALING CENTER (ANCC)
MAGNET RECOGNITION PROGRAM OFFICE
8515 Georgia Ave., Suite 400
Silver Spring, MD
- 866-588-3301 (toll free)
Managing Road Construction Around Aurora St. Luke’s
Please be aware of the major street construction on 27th Street just east of the St. Luke’s Medical Center’s campus. The project will start on March 25 with an expected completion date of November 15. If possible, please leave an extra 20 minutes early for your appointment/visit/test. It would be best if you approach the hospital from the west on Oklahoma Ave or on KK Parkway off of 35th St. Valet parking is still available for patients and visitors.